LegacyGT.com

Chasing a P0011 code

Okay guys, so ive done tons and tons of research (about a months time worth) to try and find the answer to fixing this code. Finally about a month ago I got fed up with everything and I went and bough a perfectly functioning used avcs gear for my passenger side intake cam. Changing the gear got rid of the code for about 3 days. Recently the car has been throwing just a p0011 bank 1 timing over advanced again. I know both of them ocvs are functioning fine. All the banjo bolts are clean and have had the screens removed. The motor as of right now has 564.3 miles on it since it was rebuilt.

The motor has the following:

Manley forged pistons

Decstec 740cc injectors

Vf-52 turbo (about 50k miles when it was pulled from a wrecked wrx)

Invidia q100 exhaust

Go fast bits 50/50 blow off valve

Modified stock tune for break in

I dont know where to go anymore with this code. Im thinking about changing the oil and driving it, possibly repeating this process a couple of times if needed. What could you guys think of that could still continue to cause this issue?

Also recently the car has been throwing on and off a MAF sensor code and an IAT sensor code although I coeared those codes, and when I just checked my codes today only the p0011 was present.

Thanks for any and all brain storming solutions that I receive. This new motor is just giving me problems left and right and I dont know why.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I can look at what the sensors are reading via the scanner I have been using but I dont unfortunately have a tactrix or accessport to do data logging.

Talked to a few locals. Im going to see about getting my factory intake gear pulled apart and cleaned. The gear I put on, I did notice that the key pin hole was a little oblong. My factory gear is perfectly fine, so Im going to see if I can get that done and see if a warn gear is whats causing my problems.

Archived