LegacyGT.com

manual swap progress/questions.

so i recently started my manual swap. i did it a little differently from what i can find on this forum so what i did is i took the trans, ecu and wiring from a 97 out back (same year as my car). i had to pull the dash and heater core (not fun lol) pulled the loom and replaced it with the auto one. everything matched up except for the fog light wiring. also noticed a few connectors in my engine bay didnt go to anything (fwd really and some other type by the strut). i pulled the dash wring out of the parts car and hooked it up to the connectors, zip tied my gauge cluster to my dash bar and that's how it currently sits. i put the motor and trans back in and hooked everything up. during this i also rebuilt my heads and did the head gaskets. after realizing that i needed a new starter this weekend i went and got one. after everything was back together and all the fluids in i hooked up the battery and tried to turn the key. turned it to on and i heard the fuel pump turn on and prime but i went to start it and the starter does nothing. i havens looked into it too much just was curious on what everyone else has done and if anyone knows any trouble i might run into along the way. anything helps. thanks

got the problem solved. turns out i was missing my starter interlock relay. after i got that in i unplugged the spark plugs to get oil flowing to the brand new heads on the other side. then i plugged them in and turned the key and she fired right up. now i gotta put my exhaust back on and find my another 2.2 intake to go back on my Frankenstein motor and and give it a test drive. after that its put the dash back in and daily my baby once again.

Archived