LegacyGT.com

06 aftermarket stereo installation

So I've seen a ton stuff on here about aftermarket radio installations but most of them are just pictures of what people have done. I'm wanting to put a single din aftermarket stereo in my cubbyhole above my stock stereo. I can't find anything on exactly how to do this set up. I've seen a lot of pictures of people that have done it so I know it is possible. I'm hoping someone can direct me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what anti posted is what I've got for mine, whenever I'm ready I suppose I'll install it. Most likely be around my birthday at the end of July by the time it's done. Everything on this car of mine takes planning/time.

Are you looking for a walk through for the din kit, or the wiring part?

I have a climate control so it's not going to be that easy. The part I need to put it were the stock stereo is, its like 280. I don't want to pay that much. I want to put a whole system in my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might not be ideal and won't give you say, a DVD player, but there are mods to your antenna in for you to run a iPod or mp3 player through, cheaper and less hassle than the jazzy mod and less chance of screwing shit up lol

There are also devices for wiring up aftermarket to the factory BS. They are a signal processor I think. A bunch of brands have them but I think they may cost as much as the JDM bezel.

Have you thought about 3d printing? Have a custom, cheaper bezel made to retain stock hazard light switch location, and digital climate?

The stock 05-06 Limited stereo (P201) sounds like garbage, and you won't have a clean signal.

FM transmitters/injectors are awful.

The stock 07-09 Limited stereo (P204) sounds acceptably decent, drops right in, looks OEM if you care about such things (because it is), and has provisions for factory aux input. I'll probably be happy with mine after the addition of a small subwoofer. Way cleaner signal than the 05-06 stereo.

Either put an aftermarket deck in the car, or pick up a P204UH and an aux harness from svxdc.

Oh and phate, the clean sweep and 363 is supposed to clean and level the stereo signal, specifically for amps, speaker or subs

You're still starting with a dirty signal. SQ-wise at that point you'd be better off with a $120-200 Pioneer single-din (which unfortunately doesn't install easily, but is a magic bullet when it's an option).

A Jazzy board works well on the 05/06 head units, because it directly taps into an analog input in the car's amplifier. You're not relying on the FM receiver, which is prone to interference (both for FM transmitters, as well as ones that actually plug into the antenna connection), you're jumping in between the CD player and the amp.

Because I'm someone who can't help myself, I'm going to see how well the P204 does with a small subwoofer added, and probably end up upgrading the door speakers as well if I'm not happy with it still. I don't need to make my hair vibrate or set off car alarms, I can do that in my other car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived