LegacyGT.com

Dealer tire offerings.

spb

I am not too versed in tires.

I called my local Subaru dealer for some tire quotes for Legacy.

Here are the choices (installed and balanced):

-Original tires (Yokohama)- $265 x4

-Kumho - $169 x4

-Something else. If I find something else I like they may be able to get it through Sullivan Tire. And seemed to be willing to negotiate if I find a better deal.

What is important to me:

-Good snow/rain performance.

-Handling

-Road noise

What would you suggest?

For all seasons with good performance and respectable snow performance, the continental extremecontact DWS 06. For better info, I would check out http://www.tirerack.com - they have lots of info there, including reviews/comparisons of different tires in the same performance category on the same car, in the same size. They evaluate in a number of areas, and provide direct comparisons in each of those areas so that you can make an informed decision - here's a review for the aforementioned tire

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=201

the prices from the dealer seem really high for the stock tires on the 2.5i.

I have a few friends running Kuhmos on their older Legacys. They seem to like them. I had Yokohamas on two of my Subarus. I like them. But then again, it depends on which model tire. If you can find out, go to tirerack.com and see if they have videos comparing the tires.

• 4 weeks later...

It would help if you specify which tire it is, as all tire manufacturers make several different tires. Costco currently has $70 off a set of 4 Michelin tires.

I put BFG Comp 2 AS on the Saabaru, they have been great so far. Still running the original Conti DWS on my LGT.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived