LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever had rolled fenders fixed?

Personally, I would buy a new set of front fenders and chalk it up as an expensive learning lesson.

Btw Does your user name mean that you have a history of fails or does it mean something else?

I've still got an idea to try when I get some time. If that doesn't work, then I will. Failbot is actually my gamertag that came about one drunken night. You know how people are always accused of using aimbots in games because of their accuracy? Yea, I'm the exact opposite. Anyways, I do have a lot of fails, only because I do just about everything myself whether I know how to or not. I don't live in an area where there's businesses for everything. Otherwise I'd pay to have some things done. Just like the PDR guy here in town. He's the ONLY one so I have to wait on him to get around to me or drive to another city.

As far as a 2x4 and mallet, I haven't tried yet. There's not much of a flat spot on the backside to put the 2x4 since the lip is rolled up. That's where the dimples came from in the first place. I did that fender first and didn't make a relief cut in the corner. So when pressure was applied it turned the corner into a point. I got the roller stuck and when I wiggled it, it put more pressure on the point an did what you see. I think if I make an attachment for the fender roller, I can place the roller on the outside and slowly work it back into position. It may also take care of the dimples. If I get it back and the dimples are still there, then it's off to see the PDR guy and see if he can finish it off. I'd rather go this route first before have paint done. They're talking about having to blend it into the doors. So a lot more than just painting two fenders.

Archived