LegacyGT.com

After Market Spark Plug Cables - 1998 Legacy

:redface:

I was going to get a tune up for my Subaru Legacy station wagon, 1998 so I went to the auto store an bought a spark plug cable set. When I opened it, I found out that the cables aren't matching the ones I have in my Subaru. I brought it back and the guy told me that the ones I have are after market cables. I wind up making my own cable from high performance products.

I found out that you make your cables spark plug cables by ordering the cables caps separately, and the cables separately, and make it yourself.

Also you're in the wrong section, this is the third gen section for 1999-04. Yours would be a 2nd gen 1995-1998

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well mine is a 1998 yet is a BH5A legacy so what gen does that make it :p

Also can you please tell me what the point of this was? Did you get your spark plug wires made? How did they work? Or did you just use the aftermarket one? Are you seeking advice? I just changed my plugs and wires with Bosche Platinum +2, and BWD Select wires. Scored them on rockauto for $28 shipped. I would check there. I'm having no issues with BWD wires on my 2.5. Most aftermarket parts will look different to some degree. Aftermarket parts are designed to meet or exceed factory performance, not replicate it. No one is allowed to replicate the factory product 100%, so aftermarket parts have to be different to some degree. It's usually something you can't see but occasionally, as long as it still does the job, it will look different. Just because the plug wires you bought didn't look the same, didn't mean they wouldn't work. You could've put them on and tried them before returning them.

:redface:

I just wanted to point out that if you want to replace your spark plug cables, you're better off getting them from E-Bay or somewhere else other than your local auto store since they do not have the kind of cable that comes with your ignition coil.

And yeah, I realized that I am in the wrong thread, sorry. I should have posted at 2nd generation.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/poompoom500/subaru_engine_1_zpssrbtrrxu.jpg

Archived