LegacyGT.com

etown tonight

carman493

I have COBB AP Stage 2, Perrin DP, an UP, both w/no cats, borla cat back, K&N drop in, intake silencer removed, kosei K1-TS 18" wheels w/Dunlop SP Sport Road Race Tires, temp was high 60's to low 70's, slightly humid, car was full weight, plus sub/amp, and some clothes and ramdom things & half tank of gas.

rev to 6 grand and let it slip very little. If you kinda just let it go, it slips down to 5200 or so then engages for a very hard launch with the least amount of drivetrain stress. It seems as though all my best launches have been on the street. If you launch it too hard, the front wheels spin, and if you launch it too low it bogs, obviously, and if you just dump it, it sounds very bad and can be violent.

Anyone else's technique?

rev to 6 grand and let it slip very little. If you kinda just let it go, it slips down to 5200 or so then engages for a very hard launch with the least amount of drivetrain stress. It seems as though all my best launches have been on the street. If you launch it too hard, the front wheels spin, and if you launch it too low it bogs, obviously, and if you just dump it, it sounds very bad and can be violent.

Anyone else's technique?

I dump it at 5250, its good for a 13.3 on a Stage 1 and dosen't sound bad and isn't violent, its nice and smooth.

wow thats pretty fast...what were the track conditions? were you power shifting? I'm never violent with the car, when i launch its very smooth. I don't power shift, but I do shift hard.

From the 1320 list:

- j.reed / 13.356 @ 102.39mph / Atco / 5MT / LGT Ltd Sedan / AP Stage 1, Kartboy Short Shifter, Perrin Uppipe heatwrapped, Ported Exaust Manifold / 63F, 91 Relative Hum.

It was a fast night, someone with a vette got the record fastest stock time.. but I'm still running 13.3s (pulled about 8 of them on 3 seperate nights)

I shift fast and smooth, coming off the gas for each shift. My launches are smooth and powerful. There is the initial jerk of taking off but thats it. Check your PMs for a video.

I've been bliping the throttle around 5k and then slipping it really fast. Do you guys get any of the infamous clutch smell? It was good for a 1.7 60', but that's with the STi turbo swap and no tuning. J.reed, do you really think that the heatwrap and porting affected performance that much? Those are sick times for a stage I. my best was a 13.4 with stage II on a 97 degree day. I think with the cooler weather we'll be seeing 12.9 Stage II runs. On a side note my clutch has started slipping.... I'm going to try and make it out for another run in a couple weeks once i'm protuned, but we'll see how it lasts...

Archived