LegacyGT.com

FYI: Full size spare... a no fit Gen3 Leg

I was hoping to replace the space saver spare in my daughters 99 Legacy sdn. I found a clean oem 15" "steely" w/ a nos tire in the matching 205-70-15 size. But alas it does not fit PROPERLY in the trunk/well. Unless I deflate it significantly it protrudes.. not too big an issue but not ideal either. Just an FYI, in case others are hunting too. ...think I shoulda searched first....:spin:

205/70R15 is the Outback tire size. 205/60R15 or 205/55R16 fits in the BH, but without the undertrunk tray.

Ooops, my baaddd... the car is the 99 SUS 30th Anniv model w/ bigger shoes. I just put new rubber all around, but I like the thought of the 60's. The tub for the wheel doesn't have any liner except for some thin anti rattle pads, not sure if those would give enough space if removed. I did look those over, they are tight! I'm gonna give it another look.

air hammer it and make some room for it.

Yeah that might work...there are two tool holder looking things at the very tail end of the tub that I might be willing to cut out but even then the tire doesn't look like it will sit flush. The bottom circumference needs maybe another 1/2" of girth.

Thanks for the input.

Archived