LegacyGT.com

Outback suspension to Legacy

Fastball

kaluce I never read about replacing driveshaft, heat shield or control arms to use OB springs/struts in an LGT?

1,2) You can check Subarus part numbers of the various springs/struts at opposedforces.com to see if there is a difference. I doubt there is anything significant in terms of spring rate, if anything at all. I'd bet money the struts are the same between XT and non turbo. Also, there is nothing special.about 2005. 2005-2009 Outback springs and/or struts will work fine. Some people like the 04 rear struts because they are a bit stiffer. For max comfort, stick with the 2005-2009 KYBS struts.

Dispatch20 Can you confirm what else is needed to do this swap?

@Talon, look at the thread Kaluce linked. The Outback driveshaft is spaced lower so it bolts to the front and rear subframes and maintains the correct angles. The Outback heat shield is shallower, you won't need to change this part out.

The Legacy rear upper control arms have about an inch more travel. You won't need to change these out going to Outback height.

Read this thread - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/info-ob-gt-suspension-geometry-removing-spacer-180579.html. You will need to just do the reverse. I think he does a pretty good job of explaining why he went with those parts. You will have to think through if you need them (i.e. dropping the driveshaft down an inch doesn't need a heat shield that isn't as close to the body, etc)

Archived