LegacyGT.com

Clicking noise ?

Hello everyone ! I've missed this forum so much , you may remember me from having "White Widow" . Hope everyone is well ... So this is my problem , my friend has recently bought a 2003 Legacy and she said she hears a clicking noise while idling and when she accelerates up to 15 MPH then the noise disappears . I thought it may be her oil or even the head gaskets were starting to go but she said the heads were done "says the previous owner" .. Inside this I have included the video of the noise . Any suggestions on what it may be will be greatly appreciated . https://vimeo.com/164065579

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can get a good video of it from the engine bay that would help a lot. It could be a number of things. Let's hope it's not rod knock and it's a tensioner. either way I'd find out soon cause both can cause the engine to go. If it goes away when the car warms up it's piston slap witch is normal and the car could run a long long time with out any problems. Pull the dipstick and see if you can find any metal flakes.

If you can get a good video of it from the engine bay that would help a lot. It could be a number of things. Let's hope it's not rod knock and it's a tensioner. either way I'd find out soon cause both can cause the engine to go. If it goes away when the car warms up it's piston slap witch is normal and the car could run a long long time with out any problems. Pull the dipstick and see if you can find any metal flakes.

I really appreciate the great advice . It's always a pleasure getting a response from ya . I will double check with her and tell her what you said . She said the noise goes away after she hits over 15 MPH , but even when the car is idling she said she can hear it ..

Archived