LegacyGT.com

bp5 engine replacement engine differences

I have a 2003 BP5 wagon, EJ20T (JDM), did a bottom end bearing and found a bp5 2007 engine low k's so brought that and just put it in yesterday

I noticed the newer 07 has the air pump, and some of the wiring is different, not majorly but some wires appeared out, it still plugs into my chassis looms, but will not start/fire.

I was curious if anyone had experienced such a engine swap.

I will be today taking out the 07 engine loom and transferring the 03 loom onto the 07 engine.

I also note the 07 engine has the fuel regulator on the engine as mine is located by the strut tower, i havent figured out what my plans are yet regarding that, i may have to take a lot off the engine and swap all my gear across, essentially using just the long block. just time consuming....

I also, while engine was out replaced the dual mass flywheel with a conversion kit single mass(pro clutch, australian clutch services) as the dual mass was wearing out.

the old dual mass was about 19.5kg, the new single is 12.5kg :)

I will update how i get on today, i couldnt find any threads relating to my issues or situation

Ok. So I have sorted it

The air pump system I removed most of the tubing when I took the manifold off and made up some steel blanking plates. Easy

Put my original manifold on wiring look and hoses and it all works mint.

The only annoying thing is the exhaust cam sensors on the new engine were 3 pin and my old ones were 2 pin. I pulled them out and swapped them over. The drivers side bolt hole didn't line up so I had to trim out. Not ideal but should be sweet.

Got my car back on the road. Stoked

Archived