LegacyGT.com

AC noise.... ?

Curious has anyone had any issues with their ac making noise... Getting a random loud hum/horn sound every so often at a stop light sounds like a harmonica that lasts about 2 to 5sec. Weird, never had this sound with any Subaru I owned. Anyone experience this?

Can't say as I have. Does it do it all the time or just when the AC clutch kicks on (like when you turn the defroster on or the AC on)? I have heard of pressure vessels (like boilers) making that harmonica noise and I think it's due to pressure in the lines causing some vibrations. In your house, if you have excessive pressure in the water lines, you can get that humming noise as well. You might take it to a shop that does AC specifically.

Yeah I think am going to bring it into a shop, I tested the high pressure side and nothing but a shit ton of green slim came out from their sealant leak stop crap. The sound is random with the ac on, defrosted doesn't actually do it even though the ac clutch kicks on.

Could be from that. If they put stop leak in there then there was an issue before. That stuff is awful and can cause more problems than it solves. If the air blows cold and gets cold quickly then it clumsy be excessive pressure.

Archived