LegacyGT.com

Cargo Net for LGT Sedan

RADON

• 2 weeks later...

Wagon in the Sedan wont work.

You should just buy the one made FOR the Sedan....

Link to Sedan net here

It's about time Subaru got the message and had this accessory available (again)

They havent made a Sedan specific cargo net since 2001.....

I havent installed one of these or read over the instructions

but typically, it's a pretty basic install :)

Jamie

Jamie, that is fantastic.......

I have a MOCK setup in the boot/trunk of my MY01 as i was sick and tired of hearing my laptop bag go from side to side to side to side. I was expecting one day to see it hanging out the side.

Thanks for the link, great work.

Ada///M.

Jamie, that is fantastic.......

I have a MOCK setup in the boot/trunk of my MY01 as i was sick and tired of hearing my laptop bag go from side to side to side to side. I was expecting one day to see it hanging out the side.

Thanks for the link, great work.

Ada///M.

ahahahaa..... laptop banging side to side?

that sucker wouldnt last 2 seconds on my daily commute :D

and thanks... i'll peruse the instructions if anyone needs me to

but i have a feeling it's a quick, easy 10min job to install.

Jamie

hold on :)

opened the package for the LGT Sedan

the Nets setup is not ONE large net

but TWO NETS... that attach to each side of the trunk (1 on ea side)

I'll get some photos if you want... they're fairly large... should hold a variety of stuffs :)

Jamie

hold on :)

opened the package for the LGT Sedan

the Nets setup is not ONE large net

but TWO NETS... that attach to each side of the trunk (1 on ea side)

I'll get some photos if you want... they're fairly large... should hold a variety of stuffs :)

Jamie

interesting...please post pics.

You guys need to keep less junk in the trunk.;) Nets are cool, but I like keeping my trunk free of everthing. That way, when you decide to do some spirited driving spur of the moment, you dont have to worry about things in the back, or people, or bodies...etc.:lol:

I had a net from my wifes car that she bought thinking it would fit, but the ends were loops, not hooks so it didnt fit.

I hung it between the 2 hooks near the taillights (one on each side) and the other 2 corners on the spring bar for the trunklid (again 1 on each side)

The net is 18 inches front to back and wide enough from the drivers to pass side that it hangs in a nice wide U shape, about 2 inches off the trunk floor.

- gloves, scraper, etc hang nicely in it and it also holds stuff in between the back of the car and the net.

I just put these in today. These things are tiny! They are about the width of a sheet of paper and about 2" longer than a piece of paper. They do strech. They are only held in by 2 hooks on the top. No anchorage on the bottom so it can kinda swing side to side. They can hold 30lbs. Took about 5 min to install. Paid $29 tax included.

hmmm...not at all what I expected. Sorry, doesn't look too useful to me.

As for that back hook, I hang the handle of the plastic bags when I get groceries on there to keep them from sliding around the trunk. Wish there was a flip down handle like on the A4s.

As for that back hook, I hang the handle of the plastic bags when I get groceries on there to keep them from sliding around the trunk.

+1 That's what I do as well. But usually there's some sort of slack so it's not quite useful.

Those nets are significantly smaller than I had expected/hoped for... Hmmm not sure if I want 'em now :redface:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

I have been useing the wagon cargo net since about 2 months after I bought the car... I have used it all summer and works great! Football, Basketball, gym bag, shopping items... just whatever, have had no problems with it!

and yes I know the trunk is dirty, all these dang leaves and the weather in PA has just sucked!

http://www.hdmcompany.com/legacy/cargonet/Dscn1207.jpg

http://www.hdmcompany.com/legacy/cargonet/Dscn1208.jpg

Dave

No its not attached to the floor at all... I don’t really see the need for it... But you could install your own easy though. Infact I think it came with stuff that you could use.. I never did though cause it works out just fine. Also, its so easy to unhook one side if you need to put something like a suit case in or whatever...

I mean I have had this thing stretched with so much stuff I thought I would rip something and never had one problem

Dave

• 4 months later...

resurrecting an old thread:)

i just got the side cargo nets for my 06 sedan and they are quite nice. what really works for me is the hooks and, if available, i would buy them on their own. they are well suited to hang any type of cargo net. the setup i have in my trunk is both side cargo nets and another cargo net stretched across the back of the trunk. the hooks are sturdy enough to hold all the nets. i just used an old net from my wife's civic and its a perfect fit!

Archived