LegacyGT.com

H6 or twin tubo?

Hello and thanks for the add. :)

I have a rusty legacy 00 2.5L. I really like the 3gen look and was hoping to get a sedan models, and i think i find the mots rusty one in Norway :lol: But its a gold one whit the leather intr. And i love it. I have bought new rear quarter panels and new front fender for it. And it will be as good as new again. :)

But i was planing on make a twin turbo convert, but the car i was planing to bye have some engine issues after i look at it. And i also have been thinking about convert it to the H6 engine. To get a outback from Germany. So my questions is are the ¨easier¨ to convert to H6 then i can get a LHD donor car, the twin turbo is RHD and the wiring must have som job to make a LHD. And must the wiring harmless from the H6 bee swapped over to a 2.5L.

Thanks for any info input.

My car.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/alex-svx/IMG_2491_zps7x9st86b.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/alex-svx/IMG_2492_zpsdceahrhj.jpg

New fenders and panels.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/alex-svx/skjerm_zpswzwbgv5e.jpg

Well I'd point out that even an H6 swap is major work, but if you're already buying quarters and planning to install those I sort of doubt there's much that would put you off.

Problem with the factory twin turbo cars is, yes, they're all RHD, and I've not read of anyone that's been able to successfully swap one into a LHD chassis while retaining both turbos. Steering shaft and brake booster get in the way.

If you're convinced that's the way to go, probably most practical would be to buy a JDM half cut and resection your car together as a RHD. Again, major work.

Single turbo 2.0 and 2.5 has every bit as much potential and plenty of them available in LHD setups.

H6 is a decent motor but there is zero upgrade path there without going full custom everything. . . so if you're comfortable with 210hp and always will be, go with the H6. Other issue there is you have to do all sorts of monkeying around with the wiring to make them play nice with a manual trans (if that's what you've got) as there are no factory EZ30D manual trans cars. . . that didn't happen until the EZ30R. . . which is canbus, so harder to swap.

I think the 210Hp legacy sedan will be a grate. :) For a Dayli Driver i think its have plenty of power. I have swapped my svx to manual tranny. And i know its a little work that have to bee done. :) But maybe its more difficult whit a car thats is 8year newer.

Its there some one here that have swapped a H6 in a stock H4 legacy?

Thanks for answer.

I have swapped an EJ20T USDM in my Leggy and I have no regret. My first thought was to go with a H6, this was not only more complicated, but it adds weight on the front wheels. The car might be less balanced.

What I've been told is better to buy an Outback H6 and swap it to manual. I didn't ;)

• 4 weeks later...

If you like to have fun and power I'd would run like he'll from the h6. My subie has one and the engine isn't so bad it's the transmission that sucks. There's no manuals available and the autos are all old lady slosh boxes. What's worse? They make zero performance parts for it. I'd go with the twin turbo flat4

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have swapped an EJ20T USDM in my Leggy and I have no regret. My first thought was to go with a H6, this was not only more complicated, but it adds weight on the front wheels. The car might be less balanced.

What I've been told is better to buy an Outback H6 and swap it to manual. I didn't ;)

Maaaaybe 40lbs over a turbo EJ. Considering the EZ30 is less than 3/4" longer than an EJ25 I'd say the point is near moot. A lighter hood, smaller or relocated battery and removing some engine house clutter will easily pick up the difference. And there is no timing belt to fail or change.

Archived