LegacyGT.com

ECU Stuttering Problem

dshap13

I'm in Salt Lake and I had the reflash done. The stutter came back in a few weeks (500 miles) I don't think altitude has anything to do with it because people in lower elevations report the same thing. If anybody is high around here then it is Subaru for letting a car go out with this problem.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Mine doesn't have any tuning done to it and it still does it. I don't think mods make a difference. It is just shoddy work from the factory if you ask me. If they have fixed this for the '06 models then they should do a recall and fix it for us too.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Just received a JD Power survey in the mail that I'm listing the ECU stutter problem on. From what I've been reading, the Cobb AP pretty much solves the problem. Wonder what in their mapping software "fixes" the issue?

From what I've been reading, the Cobb AP pretty much solves the problem.

The AP helps to minimize the problem but does not eliminate it. My "stock" stutter was altered by the SOA reflash (which minimized it and changed its characteristics - it was milder and occured under different conditions). The "stock" stutter immediately reappeared with the AP v1.15 91 oct map - was present for the first 100 or so miles and then disappeared...only to reappear after about 1K miles.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I put on an MBC and the stuttering went away completely. I just set it for 15PSI and had no problems and couldn't force the car to stutter. I got nervous so I decided to get the AP. The studder is back. It isn't as bad as when the car was new though. I'm thinking of combining the AP with the MBC.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived