LegacyGT.com

picked up an 02 GT wagon

I picked it up Sunday. It's kinda rough. Fenders are a bit mangled from tires that were too tall. The 08 outback wheels were nice once.. not now. The tires on the OB wheels are cut up from the mangled fenders.

the Guy I bought it from treated it like a truck..... So sad :(

It's got some slap and an exhaust leak. Burns 1qt oil between changes.

The double sunroofs only half work. the front one is somehow disconnected form its mechanism. I'll take it apart one day and look at it.

The rear one works fine but the shade is missing. That's something I'd really like to fix before it starts getting hot.

It has dents, dings, and rubs in weird places.

A screw holding the side skirt on -_- (installed by a 'body man')

Shot some very dark black out the exhaust... Rich running maybe? valves? Burnt oil?

Seems to run ok.

Clutch and shift fork are supposedly pretty new.

Head Gaskets have supposedly been done.

I like it well enough...

Speakers all sound good.

It doesn't smell like a cigar bar.

It's Silver!

trying to clean it up now.

So far I've vacuumed out the 'trunk' and the back of the back seats. Cleaned all the glass and plastic back there.

Vacuumed the rear seats.

Rolled the teeth back up into the fenders.

I'll get some pics up tonight.

As it sits now

Big Pic

Ok, So..

I added a few pics I snapped before it started getting dark.

I cleaned on it as much as I could today. Starting with the cargo area. Found a couple of some kind of animal turd... goat/deer sized.. lol

Got the back passenger compartment cleaned out and vacuumed and got the drivers seat pulled and vacuumed under that. I tripped taking it out and the rail caught the plastic trim between the doors. Gave it a scratch or 2.. Nothing compared to the rest of the car.. but still, annoying.

I also got a fat dowel and 'rolled' the 'teeth' back up into the fender. The passenger side was creased backwards so it looks pretty bad. They'll survive for now though.

I pulled the center console/armrest up to the stereo and replaced the 6 disk with a door/pocket. Started cleaning and reassembling. The radio bezel is back in, the cupholder section was torn apart, cleaned, and put back together and is ready to go in. The armrest section needs to be taken apart and cleaned.

Hopefully I'll finish all the cleaning tomorrow and I'll take a couple pics...

Things I've noticed.

There are leaks all over the exhaust. Pretty sure there isn't a gasket for the axle back.

The bottom half of the drivers side seems to be 'flat' compared to the rest of the car. Like someone thought they'd sand it down. Could also be spraybombed..

I have Net Hooks in the back! And I have a net here in a drawer somewhere.

The little sub under the drivers seat isn't terrible.

Rust...

I'm considering dipping the wheels for now. Not my first choice but they are pretty scratched up and the dip would fill the scratches and wouldn't hook horrible. Was thinking of going with white and adding the clear since I can get it at walmart... -_-

I'd like to know if this wagon uses the same harness as the outback. I have a spare rear outlet from my last outback and would love to put it in the back of the GT.

How hard is it to rebuild the front sunroof?

Whatever is supposed to work in mine is working.. just not moving the glass. When its in the 'up' position I can push it up and it will stay there. It'll pull itself back down as well. Just not go up.

Hey guys.

It Rained yesterday morning and I was busy the rest of the day. Didn't get to do much.

I'm gonna get some pics of what I've done together tonight If I can and get them posted.

Hopefully get the center console back in today.

Does anyone know where to get replacement foam/rubber for the cup holders?

Soo.

Here are the pics of the bad and some cleaning..

I'm always pressed for time these days so I didn't get to take a lot of pics.

Pre cubby and cleaning

Cubby in, finished cleaning all the carpet and seats, about to install the armrest/cupholders. I wish I had a pic of how nasty those thing were before I cleaned them....

Random cleaning pics...

Center Done

cargo area..

Cleaned up ok, I had the net in a box of spares. I need the correct cargo mat. This one is a bit small.

Other.. Issues...

Fenders Pre... sorta fix..

Drivers side

Pass Side, If you look really hard you can see how cut up the tire is...

Post Fix...

Drivers side

Pass side. The crease made it hard to fix.. I'll probably need a fender to make It right..

These wheels got wasted -_-. I actually dig this look too...

Check the screw in the skirt. That was supposedly done by a 'body man' ...

Worst wheel

Other random B.S. I need to address at some point...

This is a dent..

Crooks...

And my favorite...Gorilla glue

Probably just gonna shave the emblems.

It also has a different wiper style and brand on every arm.

Seriously foggy head lights.

Lots of exhaust leakage

Missing rear sunroof shade.

The bottom half of the drivers side seems to be spraypainted, or maybe it caught overspray from something.. or the clear was all rubbed off at some point.. I can't tell

Couple pieces of the rear glass are scratched pretty bad on the outside. there are other dents and dings all over.

Rust bubbles popping up above the windshield..

This poor thing has had a rough couple years...

I'm concerned about your engine. It looks like it knocks.

IMO, those wheels look better on a BH than on a third gen Outback. I'd try to save them.

Looks like it knocks? Did I post that vid by accident?

I hope not. It quiets down when it's warm and running. Hopefully it's just slap and lots of exhaust leak. I can never seem to find a cheap 2.5 bottom end that I trust.

Do ej25ds get piston slap? I could get one of those bottom ends and put phase 2 2.2 heads on it and run with it I guess. but I'd need to be able to drive this one for a while to get money to do that. It'd be quicker too..

I Like the wheels too. IDK how to save them though. The gouge in the rear pass wheel is DEEP. My plan for now is to plastidip/flexidip them either white or black. Glossify if I do them white. Hopefully that will fill that deep ass gouge.

I saw this vid. Mine is similar. The 00 GT sedan I had before was pretty noisy too, it only had 130k on it when I bought it. I was hard as hell on that car and it kept on going.

(Couple bad pics1, 2, 3, 4)

I'm gonna get tags and stuff here shortly and take it on a little drive.

Might swap the oil for some Rotella-t 10w 40 and see if that quiets down the ol' 2.5l chatterbox.

I'm gonna need to do something about the exhaust pretty soon. Need some options there. I saw a ebay manifold/catless pipe combo.. wondering how that would be with an exhaust shop pipe ran to an aero turbine stealth or XL.

Archived