LegacyGT.com

Code 2443 air valve

Ive been 2 months waiting for a new motor to be installed. After getting it back ive been getting a cel 2443. Secondary air injection valve bank 2 stuck closed. Ive removed the valve and applied 12 volts to it and it opens to allow air to flow through it. Ive swapped both relays and checked the fuse. Any recommendations where to go from here?

It sounds like the one under the intake might be the bank 1 valve. I would check the driver side valve too, I'm pretty sure the driver side is bank 2. M sprank has some pictures in the link below, and I've attached the fsm page with its location.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-2009-air-pump-delete-cel-codes-and-ecu-fix-140259.html

driver_side.thumb.jpg.6cecf26600e9bb043b1b5065ba51fe7b.jpg

It sounds like the one under the intake might be the bank 1 valve. I would check the driver side valve too, I'm pretty sure the driver side is bank 2. M sprank has some pictures in the link below, and I've attached the fsm page with its location.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-2009-air-pump-delete-cel-codes-and-ecu-fix-140259.html

I believe that to be correct. That is the valve that i removed and applied power directly to it and it allowed air to flow once i actuated it. I guess what i need to do is hook up a volt meter to the plug that geoes to the valve and verify its actually getting power to actuate it. Part of the problem i have run across is that if the vehicle is at all up to temp the system isnt called on to function.

Secondary air pumps are only in place to push air into the exhaust system so that the cats can heat up quicker. They only run for the first 5-10 seconds on cold starts. If you have power and ground at the connector then replace the pump.

I disconnected the outlet pipe from the pump and it comes on and blows air for a few seconds and shuts off. This is with the motor cooled for a couple of hours. I have the wiring disconnected from the drivers side valve with a test light hooked between the pins on the connector. Once it cools down again ill go out and start it to see if the test light illuminates. If it does ill assume the valve is junk.

Archived