LegacyGT.com

3rd gen suspension of 4th gen

Quick question here, from what I have read 3rd gen strut assembly will bolt on a 4th gen and just wanted to confirm if anyone has any experience on that. Local jdm import place has both 3rd gen and 4th gen Bilstein wagon suspension available with the 3rd gen stuff costing almost half as much as the 4th gen set. My XT has just over 150,000 miles on it with the original suspension and it ends up like this every time I accelerate hard....

http://i.imgur.com/PncgxSG.jpg

my wife has an 04 h6 outback. i know the front lower control arms, wheel bearings, and steering knuckles are different to my lgt wagon. rear suspension wise the top strut mounts are the same as my lgt ,the front struts mount with the esentric camber bolt on top and the regular bolt on bottom connecting to the steering knuckle, same as lgt. both lgt and 04 h6ob have a similar front mount. i do not know about lengths of the suspensions between years. looking at rock auto the shock part numbers for front and rear are different, the share the same rear mounts, and have different front mount part numbers

it could mean different hardness and dampening rate or could mean fitment issues. maybe another member has more info. maybe look at a same side for front and rear of each gen and compare them

when you say 3rd gen, are you talking about 3rd gen outbacks or 3rd gen legacys?

04-09 was outback 3rd gen and 2010-2014 was outback 4th gen

99-04 was legacy 3rd gen and 05-09 was legacy 4th gen

what year and model are the bilsteins for?

Archived