LegacyGT.com

JDM/EDM Rear Fog Light Switch

Anyone have a part number or source for an OEM rear fog light switch that will work for the wagons? I read that the original EDM switch is on the stalk...which I'm not trying to do. But want a separate OEM switch (look) for the rear fog install (next on my list of mods).

Anyone have a part number or source for an OEM rear fog light switch that will work for the wagons? I read that the original EDM switch is on the stalk...which I'm not trying to do. But want a separate OEM switch (look) for the rear fog install (next on my list of mods).

I'm fairly sure the rear fog is on the same circuit as the front fogs.

I'm fairly sure the rear fog is on the same circuit as the front fogs.

Thanks, I suppose I could just tap that circuit. Was thinking it would be cool to have them on a separate circuit if I could find an OEM switch for them like the WRX and Impreza's have.

Yeah. I can confirm that the OEM rear fog light switch is indeed on the left stalk at least on the EDM cars. Not sure about JDM, but most likely the same. Note also that the rear fog light does not necessarily turn on if the front fog lights are on.

Also, not only you need to get the right OEM EDM/JDM stalk, but the BIU is different as well I believe... In other words, kind of a pain..

So yeah, easiest route is to get a separate switch installed somewhere and make it look as OEM as possible.

Something like that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-case-19mm-Red-LED-car-Fog-lights-symbol-metal-Push-Button-on-off-switch-/131221850676?hash=item1e8d6e8a34:g:VCcAAOSwo8hTpY~C&vxp=mtr

Yeah. I can confirm that the OEM rear fog light switch is indeed on the left stalk at least on the EDM cars. Not sure about JDM, but most likely the same. Note also that the rear fog light does not necessarily turn on if the front fog lights are on.

Also, not only you need to get the right OEM EDM/JDM stalk, but the BIU is different as well I believe... In other words, kind of a pain..

So yeah, easiest route is to get a separate switch installed somewhere and make it look as OEM as possible.

Something like that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-case-19mm-Red-LED-car-Fog-lights-symbol-metal-Push-Button-on-off-switch-/131221850676?hash=item1e8d6e8a34:g:VCcAAOSwo8hTpY~C&vxp=mtr

Thanks...so on the EDM cars both fog light switches are on the stalk (left) with separate switches?

Does anyone know if I can use an OEM rear fog switch from another car to fit on the lower left dash panel?

Thanks...so on the EDM cars both fog light switches are on the stalk (left) with separate switches?

That's correct. See below. You turn the 'ring' another notch to get the rear on.

Like 5 years ago, I almost tried to get and install the stalk, but then abandonned the project. I still have a brand new rear OEM EDM fog light (for the left side of the car) in my garage too :rolleyes:.

Does anyone know if I can use an OEM rear fog switch from another car to fit on the lower left dash panel?

Sure. Why not? It'll be just a switch. You just have to select one that looks OK to you. I think the one I posted earlier is small and matches the OEM dash lighting color pretty well.

photo.thumb.JPG.940813d943484065a4a6a1652eede160.JPG

Parting ways with it? :icon_mrgr

Don't tempt me into selling it! It was already a pain to acquire, including the additional resistor required for proper operation of the LED fog light. I'll think about it though..

I'm assuming finding the stalk and install/wiring up is a pain?

From what I understand, it would require the use of a couple of relays or something to make it work, cause the rear fog light switch on the oem stalk is spring loaded (i.e. the 'ring' does not stay in the rear fog light position). In other words, probably possible to make it work, but pain in the butt for sure. And yeah, you would need to run an additional wire for the positive lead of the rear fog light all the way to the front; unless by some miracle a wire is there ready to be used, which I doubt.

Archived