LegacyGT.com

Little bit of smoke - normal or not?

I had a bit of a hesitation and 1 misfire CEL in higher RPMs for about a month now and figured it to be the spark plugs. I changed them today and the issue went away. The previous owner had E3 plugs in and they were blackish/didn't look good. Since about that time I was noticing some white smoke would come out of the exhaust after I came to a stop any time I was boosting around about 4500 RPM. The smoke would only last a few seconds to 1 minute and wasn't too thick. I figured it had to do with the spark plug issue but after changing the plugs today I boosted and although it felt smooth, I noticed the smoke again after I came to a stop. It isn't too thick and I couldn't really put a smell to it but I'm not sure if it's an issue or just normal and has to do with weather. It's 7 degrees celsius here. It also does not happen during regular every day driving, just when I've accelerated hard. I'm stage 2 with a catless STI uppipe and nameless catted downpipe.

I'm attaching a video of the smoke so you can determine if it's normal or not. I'm hoping it's not any kind of indication of something starting to go wrong. Also I forgot to mention I put a can of Seafoam in the tank when I started having the issue in case it was an injector thing but that should be all gone by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0iPa7pA8w&feature=youtu.be

Archived