LegacyGT.com

What is acceptable for leakdown test results?

I know I'm starting a new thread, but I'm looking up what is an acceptable loss percentage for our EJ255 and turbo cars. (See my BTSSM says I have knock thread) I'm finding a lot of information and just want to be sure.

What is and what isn't okay for leakdown percentages?

I've been looking and some sources like NASIOC say anything under 10% is definitely good and healthy. Club WRX says that even up to 20% loss isn't great, but okay.

Cylinders 1 through 3 on my LGT have 5% loss and number 4 has 11% loss. Before you ask, compression results were good with 153 to 155 all around.

Should I get another one at the dealer to compare with the first batch of results I have?

I'm here to learn, so lay it on me. Thanks in advance.

I know I'm starting a new thread, but I'm looking up what is an acceptable loss percentage for our EJ255 and turbo cars. (See my BTSSM says I have knock thread) I'm finding a lot of information and just want to be sure.

What is and what isn't okay for leakdown percentages?

I've been looking and some sources like NASIOC say anything under 10% is definitely good and healthy. Club WRX says that even up to 20% loss isn't great, but okay.

Cylinders 1 through 3 on my LGT have 5% loss and number 4 has 11% loss. Before you ask, compression results were good with 153 to 155 all around.

Should I get another one at the dealer to compare with the first batch of results I have?

I'm here to learn, so lay it on me. Thanks in advance.

You should take it to a place with a boroscope to visually inspect the results.

Thanks for the replies. I've heard Subaru says up to 8% is okay. After that it's no bueno.

No, they could not hear where the leak is from on #4. Only that it leaks 11%. I like the boroscope idea. That would be great and I'll ask around to see who does it.

Archived