LegacyGT.com

Input needed: Boost issue?

Hi everyone. I've got an 05 Outback XT with a manual and about 135,xxx miles. This morning I noticed an issue with boost and I'd like to get some second opinions. Boost seems okay up to around 3500 rpm under load, then it flutters and I'm hearing a soft whistling from the engine. I don't think it's a turbo issue, but rather a small leak in one of the intercooler hoses that only opens up as boost pressure increases (either a loose clamp or a torn hose). What does everyone else think about this? I'm going to pop the intercooler off this afternoon to take a look, but I welcome all input. Thanks!

Probably is the stock ic to throttle body hose. I glued mine once but eventually had to replace it. The rubber end slipped off the intercooler side on mine.

Or your clamp broke and is loose. It sounds neat but theres no power when it happens.

No problem. Eventually you may want to replace the clamp. I just got a worm drive one from home depot. If I remember correctly its over 3 inches but under 3.5 inches. You could use a t bolt if you have them available to you.

Archived