LegacyGT.com

New radiator options.

The top plastic piece of my radiator has developed a hairline crack. It is weeping when the car gets up to operating temperature and running. I have patched it and I am looking at replacement options. I'd like to order something A.S.A.P to avoid the leak getting worse/tank rupturing. I'm currently stage 2, but I really don't need anything other than an aftermarket OEM replacement. I had read that the 08+ WRX radiators work for the MT cars. Is this accurate? Im looking it this one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU13091-Complete-Radiator/dp/B0049QINFK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1459025134&sr=1-1&keywords=cu13091]Amazon.com: Spectra Premium CU13091 Complete Radiator for Subaru Impreza: Automotive[/ame]

Has anyone had tried this one? Is it a direct fit?

Mishimoto is good, but sounds like that's more expensive than you want to spend.

Are you aware that you can enter your car make and model and trim package and Amazon's search engine can filter by parts that fit your car. It's not absolutely perfect as it will give you a few things that don't really fit and it will probably miss a bunch that will, but it still gives you good links to check out and learn more about. That link you provided says that it does not fit a 2005 Subaru Legacy. Let me help you with your Amazon-fu a little bit though:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU2778-Complete-Radiator/dp/B000JZY84K/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1459030750&vehicle=2005-13-64-151--16-6-6-7454-1737-1-1-2604--1-0&sr=1-6&ymm=2005%3Asubaru%3Alegacy]Amazon.com: Spectra Premium CU2778 Complete Radiator for Subaru Legacy/Outback: Automotive[/ame]

Now, I don't know a thing about this brand or whether this particular item is a perfect fit for our cars, but it sure sounds closer than your link. Price point seems similar as well. Good luck!

I am aware. That model seems to be for the AT transmissions. I don't know if that makes a difference. I wouldn't be using the transmission cooler lines. Am I incorrect?

Sorry about that; I failed to notice that about it the first time. You may need some sort of cap or block off (which may come with it) to close off the ports for transmission cooler lines.

Archived