LegacyGT.com

'05 Legacy suspension/drivetrain repairs--cost

pop-pop

My local Subaru shop says I need the following:

1) Replace front left axle -- $315 parts and labor

2) Replace left and right front control arm front bushings -- $497 parts and labor (includes 4-wheel alignment)

3) Replace rear left and right trailing arm front bushings -- $493 parts and labor

Ripoff or no?

Car has 90k miles and is 11 years old. Does that seem reasonable lifespan for these parts?

Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds like about double what I paid a local garage not quite 2 years ago. I'm not at home to check the file to be sure. I went with polyurethane control arm bushing. The kit from Summit racing was ~ $41 I think. Have them change the seal in the transfer case when you have the axle changed.

john

That sounds like about double what I paid a local garage not quite 2 years ago. I'm not at home to check the file to be sure. I went with polyurethane control arm bushing. The kit from Summit racing was ~ $41 I think. Have them change the seal in the transfer case when you have the axle changed.

john

I just changed my axel. And I didn't change the seal. No issues. No leaks. I did buy a seal just in case I damaged it though.

Archived