LegacyGT.com

My LGT let me down today

Interesting, Mine blew about 3 weeks ago at 72,000 miles. The dealer and SOA said they almost never saw them happen this early and covered the whole repair, might be worth giving the Subaru of America toll-free number a call, they investigated and had it approved and fixed within a few days.

I'll 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) the clutch while the engine is out. The engine coming out or dropping the tranny are the majority of the labor when replacing the clutch. So if they're in there already, it's probably a good idea. Even stage 2 has sent several stock clutches to meet their maker prematurely. They're doing the work on your dime anyways, might as well get the good stuff in there while it's easy. ;)

No clutch. Subaru is covering the repair since my car was at 60103 miles.

I was going to trade it in after and get an STI, but they do not have the color I want, and Subaru closed orders for the 2016s.

So I'll have to wait until the 2017s are open. Sometime this summer I guess. The dealer said they'd probably get my car certified pre owned status before reselling it after the trade is done. I might sell it privately after I have an order and estimated date of arrival though.

I might sell it privately after I have an order and estimated date of arrival though.

Might as well. At least put it on the market with an optimistic asking price and if no one bites you can still trade it in.

I'm glad they're covering it; the head gasket thing is frustrating.

20Leggy10 had his go at 105k miles.

Swannee225 has his go at about 70k miles.

acumenhokie had his go because he's pushing a lot of boost and E85 tuned.

Slider had his go as he mentioned at less than 50k miles.

BBPeik had his go, but I can't remember the mileage.

I know there is a few more, but I can't think of who they were.

Still, that's maybe 10 (that we know of) out of almost 2000 5th Gen GTs (less than 1%) and obviously not all of them are on the forum.

Mine went at ~145k miles

That's pretty good if you ask me, lol. Headgaskets on a subaru are just about a maintenance item lol. We all have resigned ourselves to eventually needing to change them at least or more likely jumping on the #ynansb wagon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My head gasket went around 30K miles. The thermostat went out and then the head gasket followed soon afterwards....I might need to get another replacement though right now at 84k...but I have done mods since the first replacement. I've been on the current tune for almost 2 years now. Now it does look like I need to replace my head gasket again with how it is acting.

Archived