LegacyGT.com

Anyone else do this while driving their 5AT?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, out of interest I did a quick log on the way home from work, full throttle up to 90 in 3rd, then coasted with my foot off the throttle. Results showed that the fuel injectors are still operating, all beit a minute amount of fuel being injected.

Log is attached.

good info -- looking at that data though, i wonder if the computer just doesnt read data down below .768 ?

(simillar to how it can't read AFR's below 11 or above 20)

good info -- looking at that data though, i wonder if the computer just doesnt read data down below .768 ?

(simillar to how it can't read AFR's below 11 or above 20)

I didn't consider that, but it's a good possibility.

The other interesting note is that after I hit the rev limiter at 6,860 rpm I took my foot completely off the gas. But the throttle % didn't drop to zero, instead it dropped immediately to 9% then gradually to 7% over the next 10 seconds. Not sure why that is, maybe I should have logged longer to see.

The other point is that with the stock ECU settings, boost is limited to 11.7 psi, much less than I was lead to believe. With Stg 1 I was getting 15.7 psi.

yeah, was just gonna say that. Only went down to 7% throttle and .7ms is like fuel vapors.

other thing i wanna know, how the hell were you able to log that many events? Whenever I try to log more than 4 or 5, it doesn't work very well. Try doing it again with just throttle angle and injector duty cycle. Maybe it'll read better.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

yeah, was just gonna say that. Only went down to 7% throttle and .7ms is like fuel vapors.

other thing i wanna know, how the hell were you able to log that many events? Whenever I try to log more than 4 or 5, it doesn't work very well. Try doing it again with just throttle angle and injector duty cycle. Maybe it'll read better.

To be honest, I don't have a clue, I just plug it in and select the parameters I want to monitor. I have a brand new laptop with a couple of jigawatts of memory and stuff like that, but I don't see how that can make a difference, but then I don't know squat about computers.

Archived