LegacyGT.com

2008 legacy gt need help axle related

tonystark0007

well i had i thorn boot on my lgt replace the hole axel assembly with a used oem axel same day after replaced right after 60 mph to abt 80 mph getting vibration on steering wheel after 80mph vibration diminishes car drives normal under 50 mph so i replaced again with another used oem axel wish i bought from a member here in the forum and same problem any suggestions ?

I wonder if it could be from the wheel bearing? Was there any weight on it when you loosened or tightened the axle nut? Or did you loosen and tighten everything with it jacked up?

well i had i thorn boot on my lgt replace the hole axel assembly with a used oem axel same day after replaced right after 60 mph to abt 80 mph getting vibration on steering wheel after 80mph vibration diminishes car drives normal under 50 mph so i replaced again with another used oem axel wish i bought from a member here in the forum and same problem any suggestions ?

How did you replace the axle? Did you unbolt the strut from the hub, or did you disconnect the lower ball joint from the control arm, or did you remove the ball joint barrel from the hub?

Also, how did you re-torque the axle nut?

Lastly, was the hub surface corroded at all where the wheel bolts onto it?

How did you replace the axle? Did you unbolt the strut from the hub, or did you disconnect the lower ball joint from the control arm, or did you remove the ball joint barrel from the hub?

Also, how did you re-torque the axle nut?

Lastly, was the hub surface corroded at all where the wheel bolts onto hub it was install ball joint barrel from the control arm sure about re torque and hub surface as my mechanic did the jobb but i was present

Archived