LegacyGT.com

03 Legacy GT and TBD swap and parts info needed

Hi everyone, been in the background for a little but, tried to search but

came up short on a question I came up with. I have a 03 LGT wagon 2.5GT 5MT that I plan to swap out to a 04 WRX motor. I have all the parts from my donor but had a question about under car bracing. A friend of mine had a lower brace and swore up and down how well it helped his application. The brace I'm considering is the triangle type from Cusco for the front member, only problem is since merging parts from a LGT and WRX and different versions of the BH were available what would work for what I'm doing. I asked some dealers and they seemed stumped as well. So, question what Cusco brace would I be able to use for a 03 LGT with WRX crossmember. There are a few variations (BH5/6, BH9, Brighton) and wanted to make sure I ordered the right one (shipping from Japan is rough)

Thanks in advance for the help

Are you talking about the front subframe brace? The WRX cross member has mounting tabs on the motor cross member. You might look into a getting some kind of cut sheet/ CAD drawing of the Cusco WRX subframe braces, then take some measurements. I think this is one of those questions that can only be answered by doing some measuring. Then you may need to do some welding on your own. I was wondering the same thing you are when I first was laying out my swap. I decided to see how it felt after the swap was done before I shelled out cash for under bracing. I ended up upgrading to a 22mm front sway with endlinks. Did some suspension work. The car is VERY tight in the front end now.

Archived