LegacyGT.com

Had to eat a curb.

To avoid getting side swiped by a on coming car crossing over the yellow into my lane I hopped a curb and tore my side wall on my right front tire and ruined it :mad:

My tires all have 7/32 of tread left and the tires I have come 10/32 new. Subaru calls for tires to be with in 2/32 to avoid AWD system damage.

I have full warranty on all four, but if DTD won't give me four new ones could I get away with the new tire being 3/32 off if I run it at 29psi until it wears closer to the other tires?

I could get the new one shaved. I can buy a exact used one with the same tread about 1 1/2 hours away for 50$

Tough choice to make so any input would help.

To avoid getting side swiped by a on coming car crossing over the yellow into my lane I hopped a curb and tore my side wall on my right front tire and ruined it :mad:

My tires all have 7/32 of tread left and the tires I have come 10/32 new. Subaru calls for tires to be with in 2/32 to avoid AWD system damage.

I have full warranty on all four, but if DTD won't give me four new ones could I get away with the new tire being 3/32 off if I run it at 29psi until it wears closer to the other tires?

I could get the new one shaved. I can buy a exact used one with the same tread about 1 1/2 hours away for 50$

Tough choice to make so any input would help.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that!

I'd go with the $50 option if the warranty won't cover all 4..

Cheapest route was to buy a used one on ebay for 52$ with 7.5/32nd. Local firestone will put it on for free for me. Perks of knowing 20+ people that work at shops and work on cars for a living.

A private tire shop by me that shaves tires quoted me at 65$ for shave, mount and balance. + the cost of me shipping the damaged tire to DTD it would have been almost 100$ total.

Archived