LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Exhuast Rumble

Hello,

I currently have the stock Exhuast on my 2005 LGT, and would like more of a rumble during idle and revving, but do not want a drone or super loud. I also do not have a lot of money to spend, what would be a good option?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

You will not achieve the well-known Subaru boxer "rumble" with our LGT's, unfortunately. I wanted the same. That supposedly lies in the headers. Moving forward, I'm on this hunt myself. From what I understand, Q300 is the best performance because it's 3" through, but I've read noise complaints. I have my eye on the borla, but that is pricier and only 2.5"-2". It sounds great from the videos I've watched, and I've read reviews that it's more subtle. I just stumbled upon the AVO exhaust, looking into that now.

It's very difficult to judge in these situations because loudness may be in the ear of the beholder.

Any other more experienced users have exhaust suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
You will not achieve the well-known Subaru boxer "rumble" with our LGT's, unfortunately. I wanted the same. That supposedly lies in the headers. Moving forward, I'm on this hunt myself. From what I understand, Q300 is the best performance because it's 3" through, but I've read noise complaints. I have my eye on the borla, but that is pricier and only 2.5"-2". It sounds great from the videos I've watched, and I've read reviews that it's more subtle. I just stumbled upon the AVO exhaust, looking into that now.

It's very difficult to judge in these situations because loudness may be in the ear of the beholder.

Any other more experienced users have exhaust suggestions?

What are you talking about? We have unequal length headers which is what the "boxer rumble" is all about if that's what you mean. OP do your research there are a ton of exhaust options out there, start with the reviews tab at the top and go to exhausts.

What are you talking about? We have unequal length headers which is what the "boxer rumble" is all about if that's what you mean. OP do your research there are a ton of exhaust options out there, start with the reviews tab at the top and go to exhausts.

Shogun, apologies for the ignorance. Maybe you or someone else can chime in and clear my confusion: WRX has boxer rumble. My 2006 lgt in stock form did not have boxer rumble, nor does it now with up-pipe and catted downpipe. I was under the impression that the difference was that the wrx and lgt had different stock headers/exhaust manifolds, and the unequal was what provided the rumble, which to me meant that the stock LGT was equal.

Can someone explain where I went wrong with my info?

p.s. OP, I just ordered the Borla exhaust. I'll post up my experience!

Shogun, apologies for the ignorance. Maybe you or someone else can chime in and clear my confusion: WRX has boxer rumble. My 2006 lgt in stock form did not have boxer rumble, nor does it now with up-pipe and catted downpipe. I was under the impression that the difference was that the wrx and lgt had different stock headers/exhaust manifolds, and the unequal was what provided the rumble, which to me meant that the stock LGT was equal.

Can someone explain where I went wrong with my info?

p.s. OP, I just ordered the Borla exhaust. I'll post up my experience!

The stock WRX, STI and LGT (4th gen at least) all have the same headers from the factory. The uppipe on the STI is catless and the uppipe from 07-09 Legacies are catless. The WRX probably just has louder mufflers or a louder resonator and that's why you hear it. I bet if you pulled off the mufflers on the LGT and the WRX they would sound almost exactly the same. Listen to some LGTs with just a hogzaust mod which is just putting an exhaust leak pre-muffler and see if you hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up, I installed my Borla yesterday and it sounds great. Shogun was right, brought the boxer rumble right out.

The sound is great, not excessive. It's "adult." You can hear and feel a deep drone under 3500rpm, after that my cobb intake steals the show and sounds like it did before. The deep rumble under 3500 has been making me shift really early just to listen to it. PM me if you have any questions. HIGHLY recommended.

• 2 months later...
dude just take the mid pipe muffler out, and then you sound like every other wrx. or go dual glass packs and 3'' straight pipe. thats what i run and its really not that loud.

Archived