LegacyGT.com

3M Tape on Dip?

I would imagine it will stick just as well as the dip does, which means not that well. Personally I wouldn't do it. Have you considered vinyl wrap that may work better, it sticks really well and it is a tough product so the 3m should hold on to it well enough.

I would imagine it will stick just as well as the dip does, which means not that well. Personally I wouldn't do it. Have you considered vinyl wrap that may work better, it sticks really well and it is a tough product so the 3m should hold on to it well enough.

Hmm. Alright. Thank you! Happen to know of any precut vinyls for our trim?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I've attempted to put vinyl decals on dip before. I had some that would stick and others that wouldn't. I would imagine the 3m tape is alot stronger than a vinyl decal though

The 3m will stick to the dip for sure. Then the dip will peel off as easily as dip does, and the Prova rain guards will come flying off eventually.

The 3m will stick to the dip for sure. Then the dip will peel off as easily as dip does, and the Prova rain guards will come flying off eventually.

I thought that went without saying but a few comments made me wonder! :eek:

I've never had dip come off on its own. I've had it on wheels, grilles, bumpers. If you leave it on there long enough it doesn't even want to come off at all! Lol took 2 whole bottles of goo-gone and an hour and half of power washing to get dip off my wheels that was on there for 2 years.

I've never had dip come off on its own.

That's probably true. But that dip also didn't have extra weight and drag on top of it. If the OP wants to dip then install his Prova rain guards, I will be following his car at a reasonably safe distance to get a free set of rain guards

That's probably true. But that dip also didn't have extra weight and drag on top of it. If the OP wants to dip then install his Prova rain guards, I will be following his car at a reasonably safe distance to get a free set of rain guards

This is true. Also the small chrome strip that is going to be dipped is such a small area that the dip isn't going to be as strong per say because it's not going to have a large area to grab onto. Didn't put that or the weight into consideration at first. But that is why we have these great forums!

Archived