LegacyGT.com

LED Instrument Panel

Hello I wanted to upgrade my Instrument panel light to LED's for my 2013 Subaru Legacy. I know I will also need to get the LED sockets. There are a lot of bulbs that indicate warning signs that light up in the instrument panel. The lights are different colors and I wanted to upgrade those as well. I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their instrument panel lights and if they can help me out on what I need to buy so I can change all of the lights one time. I need to know what sizes and also what color led bulbs I will need for the warning signal in the instrument panel. I hope someone out there can shed some light on the subject lol... :lol:

They already are LED. I recently took a donor 2011 Forester gauge cluster apart to harvest the needles and faceplate for my 2009 Forester and I am sure that the Legacy cluster is constructed the same. Changing out bulbs is not something that is easy unless you are used to doing microscopic soldering work on PCBs.

Thanks for the tip. Before I open the speedo I wanted to get some advise. The last thing in the world I want to do any soldering. I want Plug n Play options. I did find a bulb set on Ebay but I'm not sure if this bulb set would work. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300955586051?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As gteaser pointed out - the cluster is already LED based - there are no incandescent bulbs to replace. (by soldering, he meant removing the LEDs that are already soldered onto the boards, and replacing them with something else)

so no - that bulb set wouldn't work - it's made to replace the bulbs in clusters that use incandescent bulbs with LEDs. You already have LEDs.

For all intents and purposes the LED lighting in the instrument cluster is not serviceable. You aren't going to get the LEDs off without some mad soldering skills, and if you somehow did you would be hard pressed to put a new LED on and have a working board/cluster.

You could get some colored clear film to put over the gauge cover though and pretend the LEDs are a different color. :hide:

It was one of the only games where you could decently customize the cars, plus I loved to free roam drive a lot. Man I built a nasty Civic in that game for the UndergroundX racing, it dominated and I whipped all my friends so bad with it.

Archived