LegacyGT.com

Climate Control Problem.

NYsFinest

Has anyone had a problem w/ their automatic crimate control still pumping out air through the vents even after they turned it off?

Anyone take the car back to the dealership and get it fixed? Relatively easy problem to fix or not?

• 2 weeks later...
I hit the auto button to put the climate control on. I then press the off button. The air continues to come in the cabin. I hit the recirculate button and the off button again. The air stops. Then a few seconds later, on its own the air comes back into the cabin even though the system is off. I hit the recirculate button again, off again, and it goes off, then while the system is still off, the air comes into the cabin again. Its a continuous situation. I can't stop the air from coming into the cabin no matter what I do.

don't hit off after you hit the recirculate button. In otherwords to stop all air coming in, the climate control should be off, with the only button lighting up is the recirculate. This will stop the air coming in.

When you hit off the second time after you have the recirc. showing, you cancel it out and let the air back in.

don't hit off after you hit the recirculate button. In otherwords to stop all air coming in, the climate control should be off, with the only button lighting up is the recirculate. This will stop the air coming in.

When you hit off the second time after you have the recirc. showing, you cancel it out and let the air back in.

Ahhh, gotcha. I'll try that out. Turn it off, recirculate button, then nothing else. Thanks bro.

yep.. or, you can change the vent to vent out at your feet... it's not as noticeable then and keeps some fresh air coming into the cabin.

While I'm in this thread, and everyone is being so helpful, I'll ask another question if you don't mind, lol. Off topic, but how do I get my trip meter to read the mpg my car is getting while I'm driving it. I'd like to know on a regular basis while I'm driving how many mpg I'm getting out of the car.

It is one of the buttons on the center console display, where the clock is. Mode or something like that. It will cycle through all the different options. Some being miles to empty, instant mpg (which is tied into the drive by wire, foot off gas = 99 mpg), average mpg over the current trip, time car has been on, etc...

I still love the auto climate system. I have very very few complaints. By the way, why would anyone ever want to shut off all vents to the car and allow no outside air in????? I don't see the reason for this.

Also, does anyone talk about the good things the system does?? How about when you start the car on a cold morning and the car switches to defrost for a bit then heats the feet. That clears off any little bit of fog that may have accumulated since the last time you were in the car (especially with this damp weather). By the time it is clear, it goes back to heating the feet. I love this. The auto system in my audi didn't do this, and I had to switch to defrost, then back to Auto everytime........ I still say this system doesn't keep temp. quite as perfect, but I wouldnt' give it up for those 3 manual knobs...............

Archived