LegacyGT.com

First Data Log- Only 10 lbs of boost?

tanner12

So I just bought an AP for my 06 LGT and was only at about 10 lbs of boost max on the Cobb OTS Stage 1 map, which should top out at about 15 IIRC.

Through the log most of the time I was in 1-3 gear. Weather was in the low 70s and humid and my car is completely stock except for a K&N Panel AF.

Any help looking over the log or any recommendations of what to check next would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tanner

datalog2.csv

Just from scanning through, you're seeing knock and it's pulling timing all over the place. Need to start looking for loose heat shields, loose bolts, boost leaks, and etc. Hopefully someone that understands logs more thoroughly will comment. I would stay out of boost for the time being!

• 3 weeks later...
So I had the issue corrected, but it cost me a new turbo. The waste gate on the old VF40 had been stuck open causing the low boost. Has anybody had this issue before, if so, were you able to rebuild the turbo?

Just sent this to Ian Armstrong who used to be a CSR Lead/marketing. Ive known him for years via email and phone. He has helped me out a bunch. Anyway I have spent a lot of money with Cobb over the years. Hopefully they will respond and help us out.

I can't speak highly enough for their products. There are times I have had other brands and switched to theirs and found them to be better.

The shop in Plano TX is 8 hours from my house in MO but if I don't do the work myself this is the only place that touches my car. Im on my second built motor. First one went over 100K with my parts. The motor installed in Aug by them is even better because of built motor research they have done over the years. It doesn't use a drop of oil, had 2816 forged pistons and is really quiet compared to my first one. Great Company, Great people. Cant speak highly enough about them..........

Ian

Not sure if this should go to you or someone else as I know you used to be CSR lead/marketing.

I have been a huge supporter of Cobb over the 11 years I have owned and modded my outback XT.

Spent thousands of dollars either buying your parts, being tuned, and 2 engines at Cobb in Plano TX.

My last bill at Cobb plano was over 8K in August 2015

PLEASE, I beg you guys to support the LegacyGT community with a Flex Fuel kit.

I live in an area of MO where e85 is hard to get, I daily drive my 400WHP Outback STI for work about 25K per year.

This would help me out so much to be able to not worry about switching maps etc. and be able to just fill up anywhere.

Here is a link to my car you probably remember it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ts-150039.html

Surely you guys can adapt the 08 WRX kit to the legacy without too much trouble?

Here is a thread that was started on legacygt.com

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...cobb+flex+fuel

My future plans this summer included swapping my turbo to a Blouch 1.5XTR and adding the flex fuel kit.

Ill be taking it to Chris and the guys at Cobb Plano TX from Independence MO. like I have done for years for the updated tune after the turbo swap.

Thanks for everything you guys do, my car would not be the 400whp daily driver it is without you guys!

Have you done a boost leak test?

On a side note, cobb ots maps aren't that great, pull alot of timing and have been known to knock. We can etune you if you're interested, send me a PM can help you out.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived