LegacyGT.com

I need a job...

Dphil25gtwagon

If you want to work for a snowboard shop apply at evos warehouse. You can use me as a reference. It's just south of Seattle. Not sure how permanent it would depending on time of year and experience but if that interest you shoot me a message.

Or just apply to some random warehouses till you find something more permanent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking for something that I will be able to afford to live up there. Is that possible with that type of job? I can tell you here in socal, You need to be making about $4k/mo to live comfortable. Where I am now, 2 bed 2 bath apartment is $1950/mo.

I was living perfectly fine in a 3br house with a fenced yard for 1000 a month in Covington. Granted I had a roommate but I was also balance rent,car payment, and other bills such as medical and still doing decent making 16 an hour.

You can be silly and pay mega rent in Seattle, or live a bit out as some of us do.

I was just talking to someone last week who works at the Amazon warehouse down in Dupont. She makes an amazing $13. :(

Just remember, OR has no sales tax, and WA has no state income tax! The sooner you move up the better!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Well i appreciate all the response. I knew id get some feedback. The only thing Im havong an issue with is where do I want to live up there. Ive spent time in seattle and in portland and I like both. I just had my first daughter with my wife and I dont want to raise my family here. The people here are contaminated. Come visit for a little while and youll see.

I love outdoors stuff. All seasons. I want my daughter to grow up with snow in the winters like I did. I want to go on endless adventures as a family, in my wagon of course, lol.

So right now the plan is to get some funds saved up. Find something up there that pays enough so i can live somewhere cheap for a month or 2 So I can find out a good place to settle. My wife is a stay at home mom atm, and i would love for it to stay that way until our daughter gets older.

They will stay with her parents while im away.

One important thing im looking for up there is a car scene. I dont want to go somewhere where cars are just a thing to get you from point A to point B. A good car culture is what i can see myself missing about socal. There is everything here all the time. So that makes me think I need to stay somewhat close to the bigger cities. For example, I live about an hour away from Los Angeles right now.

So anyway, keep the feedback coming. Thanks.

Car culture and snow are orthogonal to each other. the la car culture is unique to la. Living in city is stupid expensive compared to the suburbs.

Look at Bellingham wa bend or Eugene or. All college towns with rising populations. seattle and portland are the 2 large population centers and only 3 hours (drive time) apart. Also consider boise id.

If you are looking for a growing car culture, there are or will be 8 sportscar track within 6 hours of seattle in the next year or two. The number of available track days and ppl building / buying / fixing track cars goes up every year.

I like all of the car people here in Eugene. I also like the location.

Not as big as Portland or Seattle ("rush hour" causes maybe a 5 minute delay, 10 on a bad day) an hour to the coast, and hour to the mountains. That said I haven't really been in the "car scene" all that much. I do AutoCross with the local club, I go hang out at a dyno day every once in a while, but honestly I can't comment on how big it is here. Outdoors type stuff is pretty big here though, we've got some decent hiking in and near town, and some spectacular hikes within an hour radius.

Just remember, OR has no sales tax, and WA has no state income tax!

A tidbit I encountered when I visited Seattle for a weekend:

We bought a few minor things (snacks, a few toiletries, etc) at a Target in Seattle. Since we were also buying some alcohol, we were carded. When the cashier saw my wife's Oregon license, he promptly discounted the WA sales tax. Apparently, that's a thing in Washington.

You'll miss more that just the car culture, I can guarantee that!

The whole west coast is the same. Coast/cities/mountains/desert. Pick the region you prefer.

Snow? I think we had some a couple of years ago. Maybe if you move to Eugene you'll get more snow...

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

If your leaning towards snow the northwest is a good spot. But the winters have their downs and are t always too good. This year has been damn good. My dumbass moved to Colorado this year.

I would vote for bend. Amazing town under an hour from my bachelor and tons of breweries. I was going to move there but picked Colorado. Brewery could also be a good start for employ

Ent

Archived