LegacyGT.com

Looking to tourist it up in DC!

TrueWhiteBoy

In my defense, I lived near Disneyland and also in Vegas so I feel a bit justified to be on the other end of this. :lol:

Anyway, I was mostly hoping to head down to D.C. to check out the National Mall and whatever other suggestions you may have. Beyond that, I wanted to spend some time in Frederick, MD to see where my parents grew up.

So with that in mind, any suggestions on places to stay given the super high hotel prices?

eg. decent cities just outside DC where hotels may be cheaper and I can take a bus/drive/uber in?

I could use some good food recommendations as well.

Frederick has become a decent little city. They spent a fair bit of money down town to make it a little nicer. There are a few really cool museums in DC and the "new" Air and Space museum near Dulles Airport is really cool. I am not sure about hotel prices, but maybe look into Rockville/Gaithersburg/Germantown. I live in that general area.

If you are interested in doing some Subaru things you can check the Maryland Subaru Club on Facebook. We try to have some local/regional meets frequently.

I'm from D.C.

Site seeing

National Mall

Chinatown

Georgetown

DuPont Circle

National Harbor

Great Falls (Maryland side better then Virginia side)

Shanadoah National Park

Baltimore Harbor

DC known food places

Georgetown Cupcake (Georgetown and Bethesda)

Jumbo Slice (Adams Morgan)

Pizza Mart (Adams Morgan)

Amsterdam Falafa (Adams Morgan)

Shake Shack (Dupont Circle)

Ben's Chili Bowl (not the same anymore)

Ledo' Pizza (College Park is the original one but they have others)

It's cheaper to stay close to the Metro outside of DC and you can take the train down. Rule of thumb the further you away from DC the cheapest it gets. Georgetown you have some walking to do from Foggy bottom metro station. As for Great Falls, National Harbor and Baltimore you need a car.

Just shoot me PM if you need more info.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

How's the area near Rosslyn Metro? There seem to be some cheaper hotels to stay and and the metro seems to go right to the National Mall.

Rosslyn is fine and you can walk across the Key bridge into Georgetown too. Check out Old Town Alexandria. If you're into bars/drinking check out 14th Street between P and U streets. A lot of nice places popping up in that area. Chinatown has some cool places just watch out for a lot of homeless people in that area.

Dinner at Medium Rare would be my suggestion for one night. There is 2 locations to choose from.

Thats all I have for now.

Archived