LegacyGT.com

+a billions for us

lccl

Thought this was worth sharing. Recently my Impreza was stolen from the Millington Apartments in Everett where I live (Legacy's in the garage :lol:). I figured they'd find it ditched somewhere, but instead, they found it at 7-11 in Mukilteo at 2 in the morning 10 days later, and the guy was inside the store.

They arrested him, and it turns out, they've been looking for this guy for months. The Det. told me he's been stealing almost solely Subaru's for awhile and they think they may be able to pin "a ton" of stolen cars on him. Det. sounded very happy.

To top it off, he put brand new rims and tires on the car, a new stereo and speakers, and washed it. So theres that. I'm glad to be the sacrificial lamb to catch this guy :rolleyes:

So + a billions for Subaru owners and good guys everywhere

*cops are aware some items are new to me

What year Impreza was it?

What I'm really wondering is whether the immobilizers in the 05+ LGT and 04+ STI etc have been defeated...

Glad to hear you got your car back though, and glad to hear the dirtbag got caught!

• 3 months later...

Forgot about this. Tires/wheels and stereo were assumed stolen. Mukilteo Police found my old wheels and tires in a storage unit and made me return the new ones. When I asked them about the shitty cd player and average speakers they told me to "talk to Everett Police about those items". Didn't want the paper work I guess. They also didn't care they tore the crap out of my console getting the cd player out.

The guy ended up getting 43 months for my car, and another 24 months for possession of a controlled substance. Officer said meth, report said heroine. Either way, the guy is spending his 40th in prison.

• 4 weeks later...

When I worked Street Crimes detail in the 1980s in North Portland we used to watch the Nickle Ads for guys consistently selling a certain type of parts. Back then it was Hondas and Ford F-150s. We took down a pretty large chop shop operation of two brothers parting out F-150s. They were good for 100 or more pickups dismantled.

And since almost every F150 owner carries a tool box in their truck, we carted out tons (literally) of hand tools, power tools, every tool to try to be reunited to their owners. 95% ended up at the police property room auction and sold for $.05 on the dollar to their value.

I'm glad you came out on the good side of that incident!

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived