LegacyGT.com

Super Z6 Snow Chains Size dilemma

TrueWhiteBoy

Hi, I'm looking to pick up some emergency chains.

Subaru seems to unofficially say the Z6's will work.

I have 225/45-17 tires on the standard 215/45-17 rims.

I'm guessing I need to get the 225 size Z6's, but I'm not positive.

Any suggestions or alternatives? Sadly actual snow tires aren't too likely.

I'm trying to head down from Syracuse to D.C. for Spring Break (which at 33 is odd), but the school is basically closed then so I might as well do something interesting and I've always wanted to check out the Smithsonian.

Do you really need chains where you are going?

Honestly, probably not and I'm hoping not to. I'm guessing the freeway would probably close before I'd have to put them on. I just figure living in Syracuse for the next year and a half, it may be a good idea to have them just in case.

Are you going to use dedicated winter tires? If yes, you won't need chains. I've lived in Norway in Tromso, where they got TONS of snow each year. I used dedicated winter tires (Nokian brand), and the car was unstoppable.

Honestly, probably not and I'm hoping not to. I'm guessing the freeway would probably close before I'd have to put them on. I just figure living in Syracuse for the next year and a half, it may be a good idea to have them just in case.

Id get them as a last resort if you are stuck .

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Are you going to use dedicated winter tires? If yes, you won't need chains. I've lived in Norway in Tromso, where they got TONS of snow each year. I used dedicated winter tires (Nokian brand), and the car was unstoppable.

It doesn't seem likely. I've been getting by on All Seasons given the decently plowed roads out here.

Id get them as a last resort if you are stuck .

I mean I'm trying, but which ones do I get?

Archived