LegacyGT.com

Compass "module"

AutoXCivic

So I recently acquired an '05 Legacy GT. It has some bumps, the particular one I'm interested in for this thread is the compass portion of the auto-dimming rearview mirror.

Frist off the mirror itself has black flecks all over it (like they're inside it), I can still see out of it, but I think that might be a sign of the autodim function failing.

The other thing is the compass always reads SE, and there's a wire coming off the back that goes no where (also it looks like there a piece missing off of the bottom of the bit that connects to the front windshield.

My assumptions based on these observations are (1) I may just need to replace the mirror ... the black stuff is livable but eventually it should be replaced because it would look way cleaner, and (2) there's some sort of module for the compass function that has gone AWOL.

Is it possible to find just a replacement compass module, or do I need to just get a new mirror assembly?

My google fu is weak this morning, and all I am finding is the entire mirror, however from what I can see the compass piece may not be inside the mirror itself but is located somewhere else and connected to it buy the stray wire coming out the back.

Archived