LegacyGT.com

Cusco Front Strut Tower Brace-type-os-2010-2015

Hey Everyone. Was wondering if anyone tried this or confirmed that this fits on our gen 6's.

https://subimods.com/cusco-front-strut-tower-brace-type-os-2010-2015-legacy.html

Anyway, I should be expecting my SSD Performance Strut Bar sometime later in the week. Ill post findings of my experience with the SSDPerf. bar. Cheers!

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Hey Everyone. Was wondering if anyone tried this or confirmed that this fits on our gen 6's.

https://subimods.com/cusco-front-strut-tower-brace-type-os-2010-2015-legacy.html

Anyway, I should be expecting my SSD Performance Strut Bar sometime later in the week. Ill post findings of my experience with the SSDPerf. bar. Cheers!

I need to see the Cusco Part Number because I bought one for a BM Series and it Doesn't Fit.. I'm pretty sure Cusco Hasn't made a Front Tower Bar for our Series Yet.. I frequently check there web page.. Now on the other hand the BM Series Rear Strut Bar WILL FIT... [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Great Mod for looks just do not expect any significant changes mainly because the 6Gen is considerably structurally stronger than prior Gens.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Great Mod for looks just do not expect any significant changes ...

Yep. A strut tower brace (front or rear) for our Legacys falls into the category of "a solution in search of a problem." The benefits, if any, are almost entirely cosmetic.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I would prefer a rear strut tower brace than a front one. I've heard arguments on how the engine firewall usually takes care of the structural reinforcement up front.

Yep. And the load path in the Legacy rear is even more direct than in the front. Cross-strut lateral loads are not only carried by the roof and floor pan, as in the Outback, but also more directly by the substantial parcel shelf in the Legacy behind the rear seat backs.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I would prefer a rear strut tower brace than a front one. I've heard arguments on how the engine firewall usually takes care of the structural reinforcement up front.

Yep. And the Legacy rear is even stronger than the front. Cross-strut lateral loads are not only carried by the roof and floor pan, as in the Outback, but also more directly by the substantial parcel shelf in the Legacy behind the rear seat backs.

The rear suspension is not McPherson strut style like the front. The rear shock does not take any cornering loads, only vertical loading of the weight of the car. Cornering loads for the rears suspension are taken care of by the upper and lower control arms which are bolted to a subframe and independent of the shock/spring assembly.

In the front the Legacy has McPherson strut suspension and the upper strut mount is essentially the upper control arm, so it takes cornering loads as well as loads from the weight of the car.

The rear suspension is not McPherson strut style like the front.

Excellent point.

spacer.png

• 1 year later...
I need to see the Cusco Part Number because I bought one for a BM Series and it Doesn't Fit.. I'm pretty sure Cusco Hasn't made a Front Tower Bar for our Series Yet.. I frequently check there web page.. Now on the other hand the BM Series Rear Strut Bar WILL FIT... [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Any chance you have a part number for the rear strut bar from cusco?

Archived