LegacyGT.com

Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)

Been driving our GT Wagon for a few days now and I have found that the EBD kicks in often and early. It feels like ABS but I'm not braking hard enough to cause any lockup. Its a very disconcerting feeling. The manual does mention this and that it is normal. I'm sure its working as designed since it starts up while decelerating in turns before the apex. Is anyone else engaging this system regularly? Or am I just an aggressive driver? :wink:

What is the feeling that you are experiencing? The way I understood EBD it is just a dynamic break pressure apportionment, as opposed to a static "one size fits all" setting from the factory. I only imagined this would come in to play if you were towing, or had a heavy load in the car.

The brake pedal pulsates very quickly and lightly similar to the ABS feeling. The brakes are cross connected from rear to opposite front. It supposed to kick in whenever there is detected slippage. This should be most evident in turns when you understear in and the inside rear lightens up. Its supposed to be for performance, not towing. I think its just something I need to get used to, cause I'm not gonna slow down...

Archived