LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT LTD Exhaust size?

michigansubie

Hello,

I have a 2005 Legacy GT LTD, and am looking at installing new mufflers, I was wondering what the pipe diameter is for the axle-back exhaust, it might be 2.25", or 2.5"? I currently can't go measure myself because my car is in storage. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

why not just but a set of aftermarket mufflers that are on the market? are you trying to have something fabbed up?

The reason for this is because of the way the 2005 exhuast system is made, the mufflers are welded on to the exhuast pipes, and bolted a little farther away, so I need them professionally cut off and welded, or else I would do the job myself. So yes, I am trying to get something fabricated by a custom exhuast shop.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

are you just looking to replace the oem mufflers or do you specifically want a louder aftermarket unit?

have you searched the F/S threads to see if someone is selling somthing used that may work for you?

I am looking for something louder and that has more of a rumble as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have a 2005 Legacy GT LTD, and am looking at installing new mufflers, I was wondering what the pipe diameter is for the axle-back exhaust, it might be 2.25", or 2.5"? I currently can't go measure myself because my car is in storage. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

It is 2.5" and a ebay brand I would be worried about fitment issues

Archived