LegacyGT.com

Does my log look safe?

Shadow_419

• 1 month later...

I have recently had a lot of trouble with my car idling rough and generally misbehaving while driving. Possible harness issue. Having it looked at right now. The dealership rep initially told me it was an ECM issue. Today the service tech told me it was harness related. The new ECM retails for like $1500 according to the rep. Scared me enough that I bought a used one for $70 to reflash with my tune. Now that the problem is harness related and I have a "new" used ECM I was wondering something. If when I decide to take my car back to stock for a trade in can I just swap the stock ecm instead of getting the one in my car now stock tuned again?

• 4 weeks later...

Over the past week the ECU had been pulling down the DAM even though it wasn't showing knock besides low load/low speed (during shifting). I was running the Stage 1 93 octane OTS COBB map.

I've switched over to the 91 octane map and it seems to be holding DAM at 1 and no knock.

Anyone care to look over the logs and see if anything looks out of the ordinary?

Forever grateful.

datalog9.csv

datalog10.csv

Just get an eTune on 93 and be happy. The Cobb maps tend to have too much timing in the low load, low rpm, engine vac areas. My Forester XT does the same even on the OTS S1 91 map. I notice it's worse when the ambient temps start rising. I will be switching to an eTune when I get the intake and intercooler installed. My Legacy does the same when on the OTS S1 tune. I will flash my custom tune today at lunch and report back about the low load/low rpm knock activity on that tune.

Just get an eTune on 93 and be happy. The Cobb maps tend to have too much timing in the low load, low rpm, engine vac areas. My Forester XT does the same even on the OTS S1 91 map. I notice it's worse when the ambient temps start rising. I will be switching to an eTune when I get the intake and intercooler installed. My Legacy does the same when on the OTS S1 tune. I will flash my custom tune today at lunch and report back about the low load/low rpm knock activity on that tune.

Second an etune, send us a PM and we can set you up with one!

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived