LegacyGT.com

P0301 and more , please help .

Hello everybody , i will try to be brief.

The patient is LGT 08 stock 87000 miles with P0301 , P0302 , P0303 , P0304 and P0171 codes. 4 misfires , too lean .

So far what i did : Cleaned MAF and new airfilter , changed uppipe O2 sensor(dealer suggestion). I checked for boost leaks had ziptied EVERYTHING possible , DIY smoke test on TMIC .

Car history since purchase by me 83500miles:

1st oil change done by me after purchase 84000miles w/GTX5w30 synth , 100miles later cylinder 2 spun rod bearing.Car goes into rebuild by warranty and i supplied them with new belt kit .

Oil change after break in 700miles done by dealershit as per tech. 500-700 miles after that oil change turbo went south with a whistle . They order a new one from JAPAN:eek: and it's no good they order 2nd one and it works great .

I know i should push the warranty but in some cases labour and parts are not covered . And i just refuse to bring my car to back to Subaru Dealership , those professional mechanics could not see 2 loose clamps on hoses.Might as well try and do it my self with some help.

Whats should be next ?:confused: Coils , plugs , knock sensor... I am just lost and out off ideas . ANY input please .

Thank you.

PS: Car is not being beaten , always preheated , daily driver . Car has chocked and died once after 1st time codes appeared , CEL comes on always at a stop . After my DIY fixes and relearn of ecu : RPM started to drop fast to bare minimum 600~ after i let off gas and go up to optimal 1200~ .

http://http//postimg.org/image/n67gv7y8t/

Smoke testing the intercooler only tells half the story. You have a vacuum leak. The leak is probably somewhere else other than the top mount. Likely a hose, intake manifold itself, intake gaskets, ext. Its likely a hole in a hose. If you were boosting hard, a hose could have blown off like the hose for the BOV behind the intake.

Spray brake cleaner on the engine in various intake spots with the engine running. If the idle changes with a certain spot hit, there is your leak.

Archived