LegacyGT.com

2006 N/A - 1.5 quarts of oil in 700 miles highway

Drove the car from Eugene to Seattle and back this weekend, started with full oil, ended with no oil on the dipstick, took about 1.5 quarts to get back to full.

There is no oil leak, the pcv seems to be fine, so i'm guessing it just getting past the rings.

I am obviously not going to fix this by pulling the engine to pieces, as oil is cheap, just wondering if there were any other solutions like additives or anything?

Also, can i move from 5-30 to 10-40 high mileage oil or something? That seems like it would be the best bet, my car has 120k on it.

I had to look up the conversion, so to save someone time 1.5 pints = 3/4 quart. That's basically on the same level as my consumption, if I were to travel somewhere with a lot of highway driving.

Switching to a thicker oil is your best bet in my opinion. 10w-40/5w-40.

No worries. That is a fair amount of oil, especially this time of year when temperatures are cooler. My consumption tends to go down in the winter, and increase in the summer. Keep us posted on how a thicker oil works out for you. I've thought about going with a thicker oil, but always stuck with 5w-30.

Archived