LegacyGT.com

Performance modification for Subaru Legacy

What are the best modifications that can make on Subaru Legacy. I just purchased a used Subaru last week. Condition is good. Even though I want little more performance for my vehicle. So within next week I will give the car to Apex Specialized Automotive Inc. for a detailed auto repair and service. Also doing some customization on body too. Please help me with your ideas.

First off welcome to the forum :) second off what legacy did you buy? Year/model/milage ect.... also where are you from? After you answer some of these basic questions everyone will be able to give you more accurate answers. Thanks and welcome!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Is it a 2.5i (naturally aspirated) or is it a GT (turbo)? (If you're not sure, easy way to tell: is there a hood scoop?) Based on your response above, I'm going to guess that you got a 2.5i, in which case, there's not a whole lot you can do to improve the horsepower output.

You can, however, modify the suspension and the brakes to improve handling and stopping distance. Check out Koni shocks with a lowering spring of your choice. Beefier swaybars will improve the understeer situation that comes from the factory. If you get bigger swaybars, you'll definitely want to consider using the AVO rear swaybar mounting bracket which will bolster the mounting brackets in the rear, which have a tendency to bend or break under a heavier swaybar load.

As far as brakes, a BBK like Brembos or StopTechs are going to be way overkill and hugely expensive. A great brake upgrade for you would be to get LGT brakes with a performance pad like Hawk HPS pads. For the rotor, you can use OEM or aftermarket blanks in the LGT size as your best option.

And the number one improvement for pretty much *all* cars on the road: better tires. Good or great tires will improve almost every aspect of performance. It's not really sexy or exciting, but there is no better performance mod you can do than better tires. For the best of all worlds, get a set of aftermarket wheels and put great summer tires on those and then get good winter tires on your oem wheels for snow performance.

And fyi ... the mileage question means how many miles on the car, not what's your fuel efficiency.

Good luck! Welcome to LGT.com!

• 1 month later...

Had my car Protuned at RT Tuning, just north of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Mustang dyno

60 degrees or so in the shop

Stock hp unknown, typical stage 2 wrx's with vf52 make about 310hp and 330ftlbs on this dyno.

2005 Legacy 2.5i auto swapped with full 2005 Legacy GT manual swap

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600x900.http://i60.tinypic.com/24cxksp.jpg

Surprised to make 330hp at 5020rpm and 382ftlbs 4400 rpm at 21.5 psi on 93 octane. I also asked for a slightly detuned map for 5th gear highway blasts, that made 324whp and 360ftlbs.

Bolt ons/engine- vf52, invidia uppipe, catted downpipe, Apexi World Sport2 cbe (quality piece, very quite. Surprised I haven't seen more people use this). Grimmspeed tmic,turbosmart kompact bpv, avo turbo inlet, Cobb sf with airbox, tgvs deleted, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs. Dw740 side feeds, walbro 255, 2007 sti fpr. Ixiz aos, ngk LFR7AIX plugs

Ej255, refreshed with stock crank and rods. Wiseco 99.5mm pistons 19mm dish. About 8.5:1cr WSC-K598M995AP King main and rod bearings, 11mm oil pump. Arp2000 head studs, oem subaru hg. Refreshed Stock b25 heads, cams and springs.Mercedes 229.5 5w40 mobile1

Stock LGT 5 Speed, Moores blast plates, factory single mass flywheel stock replacement Exedy clutch.

Archived