LegacyGT.com

Oct 1st HEADLIGHT CLEARING in CT

Legacy05GT

Today i'm gonna be clearing the headlights on COXX's LGT. If anyone else wants them done and is in the area, let me know. We will probably start working on it in early afternoon.

heres a sample of what a cleared headlight looks like when its done.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/677000-677999/677204_31_full.jpg

Cant thank you enough for this one man. Looks F-ing awesome!!! I'd never have had the balls to do it alone
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

it looks more scary than it is. it's time consuming too. You really gotta be careful. I wouldnt have been able to do it on my own the first time. Now I could probably handle it. So far no condesation or anything. gonna run it thru the car wash in a few days just to make sure they're sealed up.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

If you guys want to do a g2g for this, we can do this at my house. I live in downtown hartford, right across the street from Colt Park. It's a transitional neighborhood, as much of Hartford is, but I haven't had any problems and I've lived there since March. I've got a garage we can work out of and two ovens, although one is rather small so not sure if a headlight would fit into that. We can try the heat gun method too, if there are a lot of us.

I'm down for this Saturday, I'll get home from Albany on Friday. It would be great if we could have someone there that's done this before. My roommate works at Autozone or one of the auto stores, so I can have him pick up chrome/amber bulbs and anything else we may need.

I can provide food and drinks, but if someone has a grill they can bring over then we can cook up hotdogs and burgers and what not, since the kitchen will be used for heating up the lights.

Folks would just need to bring some tools and we can get an assembly line going.

If you want to make this a go then let me know who's in, so I can pick up the right amount of food and drinks and I'll start a new post.

We can try the heat gun method too, if there are a lot of us.

That method is really difficult, it'll be much easier using an oven IMHO.

It would be great if we could have someone there that's done this before.

I've done 4 so far, 2 lgts and 2 wrxs

The only tools we need are a phillips head screw driver, 10mm socket wrench and a pair of gloves. and ofcourse the oven.

count me in for this saturday, always happy to lend a helping hand.

Great, hope that keeps up. We took our time and did it right, i'm confident you should have no problems.

Yeah man, went thru the car wash, no problem. Raining like a bitch for a week now, still no problem. No fog, no condensation, looks awesome!!

Archived