LegacyGT.com

Rear Subframe Lock Down?

JWD06OBXT

So a while back a bought the KartBoy Outrigger Bushings when replacing various other driveline bits on my 06 OBXT. As I found out those bushing do not fit anywhere on the subframe of the Legacy/OBXT although the representative at RallySportDirect seemed to think they fit somewhere. Anyways still chasing the slop in the rear end of 5eat. Came across the Lock Down Bushing for the 08-14 WRX from Perrin. The subframe looks to have similar mounting points although I don't think the WRX has the same four points as the Legacy/OBXT. Here is the link to the product and picture why I think that some of the supplied bushing may work on our cars.

http://perrinperformance.com/i-13324087-subframe-lockdown-kit-for-2008-14-wrx-sti.html

I could be totally wrong and maybe some of you know if this has already been tired and tested but I figure i may be worth a shot to try and solidify the rear end of the car.

I actually just ordered the whiteline version of this kit "KDT902" (thanks to Underdog)to test fit it and see if it does anything.

Do you have an upgraded RSB already?

If not, that makes a HUGE difference.

There is a thread where the Perrin bushings were installed on a 2010+ raised Legacy, and he had only good things to say. I might have to cut / trim the bushings to get them to fit the voids in the OBXT.

I actually just ordered the whiteline version of this kit "KDT902" (thanks to Underdog)to test fit it and see if it does anything.

Do you have an upgraded RSB already?

If not, that makes a HUGE difference.

There is a thread where the Perrin bushings were installed on a 2010+ raised Legacy, and he had only good things to say. I might have to cut / trim the bushings to get them to fit the voids in the OBXT.

I was looking to by a the 20mm AVO RSB and AVO Mounts at the same time just looking to see what else would work on my car. Are AVO Mount necessary for a 20mm Bar? I want to eventually to end links as well but want to start with the sway first.

I was looking to by a the 20mm AVO RSB and AVO Mounts at the same time just looking to see what else would work on my car. Are AVO Mount necessary for a 20mm Bar? I want to eventually to end links as well but want to start with the sway first.

Mounts are highly recommended. You can bend the stock points just with the OEM bar.

Mounts are highly recommended. You can bend the stock points just with the OEM bar.

I bent the stock points by blowing on them. :lol:

yes, get mounts.

Thanks for the feed back. Looking to get the AVO 20mm RSB and AVO Brackets for my 06 OBXT. Legacy struts and H&R's helped but still need to get rid of the roll :lol:

The Perrin kit fits the 5th Gen Legacy and the few members that have installed it have indicated fantastic results.

So I'm assuming this will be the same for my 06 OBXT? If so Im thrilled to hear that!

this is unlikely based on this: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/08-sti-rear-subframe-05-lgt-rear-subframei-249384.html?t=249384

However, I was looking specifically for 08 sti match rather than wrx. Cost to buy a 08 sti setup to test was prohibitive.

as with rest, in for updates.

Archived