LegacyGT.com

1999 JDM Legacy Headlights & Foglights

Gummy

Hey guys, I have a 1999 JDM third gen Legacy. It has HID headlights, and they are pretty bad. I am not sure why, I think one issue is they are pointed fairly low, and I checked my headlight tilt adjust and it's at 0, out of 0-5, 5 appears to be even lower. They just don't light up the road very well, also when I first turn them on they flash super bright for a second them dim, and then warm over a couple seconds to normal brightness, not sure if they are wired in incorrectly possibly? Because when it does flash, its brighter than the highbeams. Another issue with them is one headlight has a fair amount of water in it, the other one has a little, so I've heard I can take them out and reseal them, if that's a possibility. I could also use some foglights, the ones I have are alright but I broke a bulb when I clipped a coyote so I might as well replace them, I just want bright as possible, don't really care for yellow fog fighting capabilities just looking for something that lights up the ditches really well to prevent said coyotes from running into me. Thanks in advance!

Archived