LegacyGT.com

1998 outback heated seat fix

I've been searching the threads looking for info on a 1998 outback heated seat thread and cannot find anything out there :confused:

my switches for the seat heaters light up if you keep switching from high/low and what not but then the light turns off right away and the seats never heat. Could this be a fuse or maybe sht wiring ??

Any help is appreciated !!

tia

if you have light at the switch it is probably trying to pass power, maybe the heater wiring isnt all there or correct, orr maybe the heater elements are bad? i havent dealt with the heated seats yet, so im not fully sure on the wiring

the common failure for headted seats is in the actual elements in the seat.

a wire brakes and the juice does not flow any more.

for most, if not all, of the lighted switches in these car,

there is a separate circuit for the light than the function of the switch.

in other words, just cause it lights does not mean the seat will heat.

you could probably unplug the seat heater but leave the switch and the light would come on.

Get your multimeter out and look for continuity in the plugs coming off the seats, that will tell you if the elements are good. If there is none there they can be fixed it's not terribly hard. Or you can scour the junkyard for a set which is easier than it sounds.

Volvo bmws vws and subarus typically have the heated seats so you shouldn't have much trouble finding them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Archived